Steven G. Greenlee
Steven G. Greenlee, Of Counsel
Steve Greenlee joined Whalen Hersh in April 2021 as Of Counsel to the firm, providing high-level legal analysis, strategic solutions, and powerful, persuasive writing. Prior to joining Whalen Hersh, Steve practiced civil litigation law for nearly 25 years in Colorado and Wyoming.
In 1994, Steve began his legal career representing international, national and local corporations, insurance companies, businesses and individuals in every aspect of litigation in matters of employment, insurance, personal injury, products liability, environmental, toxic tort, contracts and other commercial disputes, and intellectual property.
In 2005, Steve joined a large national plaintiff’s firm representing clients in Wyoming, Colorado, and across the nation, principally protecting the rights of those who have been seriously injured by the negligence of others. That is where he first met and practiced law with Reeves Whalen and Graham Hersh. During that time, he worked on a wide variety of complex civil litigation matters, including catastrophic personal injury, wrongful death, mass torts, commercial trucking accidents, bad faith insurance clams, premises liability, commercial litigation, medical and legal malpractice, and employment litigation. He has helped secure tens of millions of dollars in settlements, verdicts, and judgments over the course of his career.
- J.D. With Honors, University of Wyoming College of Law
B.S., Marketing, University of Wyoming
- Colorado 1994
- Wyoming 1994
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado 1995
- U.S. District Court, District of Wyoming, 1994
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 10th Circuit
HONORS & AWARDS
- Selected to Best Lawyers® in America, 2012-2019
- Selected to Colorado Super Lawyers®, 2015-2016 and 2018-2019
- The National Trial Lawyers -Top 100 Trial Lawyer in Colorado, 2012-2017
- Martindale-Hubbell NotableSM Rating
- Order of the Coif (Top 10% in Law School Class) – University of Wyoming College of Law
- Land and Water Law Review, Editor and Staff – University of Wyoming College of Law
- Thurman Arnold Scholarship and Legal Services Scholarship – University of Wyoming College of Law
- American Jurisprudence Awards – University of Wyoming College of Law
- President’s Honor Roll – University of Wyoming
- Dean’s Honor Roll – University of Wyoming
- Golden Key National Honor Society – University of Wyoming
- Seak, Inc.’s National Legal Fiction Writing Contest For Lawyers, Second Place Award, 2004
- Past Member of the Board of Governors – Up with People International Alumni Association
- Volunteer and Pro Bono Legal Assistance – Up with People International Alumni Association
- Financial Support – Craig Hospital, Aware Alzheimer’s Association, Dog is My Co-Pilot, and Make-A-Wish Foundation.
LECTURES, SEMINARS & PUBLICATIONS
- Instructor | Summer Trial Institute – University of Wyoming College of Law
- “America’s Trial Lawyers: Protecting a Threatened Species” – The Trial Lawyer, Fall 2016
- “Employee Handbooks: At-Will or Not-At-Will? A Question of Form Over Substance” – XXVIII Land and Water L. Rev. 289, 1993